Thursday, November 6, 2014

"Who is that pretty Girl?.." Pastel.

"Who is that pretty Girl?.."
11 x 14", Pastel on Pastelmat.

My latest schnauzer-project. Pastel pencil drawing on French paper.
This painting/drawing was very time consuming and will be not for sale.
Stages of this work in progress You can see below... Enjoy!


 I started this work from careful drawing with using of ingenious grid method
 introduced to me by my friend, very talented watercolor artists Larry Lombardo.
This is none-traditional grid what somewhat speeding things up with initial drawing.

I'm starting my drawing of general outlines with graphite pencil
and then finishing it with pastel pencil. All grid lines have to go.

When it comes to all those small pretty flowers, there is no way 
and need to copy those with using of grid. I just had those drawn free-hand.

After m,y drawing was finished in pastel pencil,
I did alcohol wash over it, to make things more soft.
It also embeds pigment to the paper.

 Next step - pastel pencils. I work in my very favorite brand Caran D'Ache.
Those are really amazing pencils, what I truly love and enjoy.

When I finished working with pencils, I did some dry-brush blending
 where needed and finished this work with few touches of soft pastels.
Voila!
Here they are - my beautiful schnauzer girls - Gigi (on the left) 
and Lusha (on the right).

This is my first work in new for 2014/2015 schnauzer series.
More will be coming. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Truly stunning piece, Tatiana. I'm so glad you drew your babies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails