Monday, September 2, 2013

"Evening at the Lake"

"Evening at the Lake"
6 x 6", Pastel on mounted Wallis paper.

This painting is up for bid on DPW auction:

At beginning of this year I started working with small 6x6 Flemish-style
oil paintings. I want to finish the rest of this year by doing
several paintings of the same format in pastels.
"Evening at the Lake" is #1 in those "mini-pastel" series.
I painted one of my very familiar and favorite local spots -
Wildwood lake, several paintings of which I have done before.
This small work has watercolor underpainting and finished
with some of my favorite pastels and pastel pencils. 
More to follow.



2 comments:

  1. This "Evening at the Lake" is very beautiful. I love the feel of this painting and the composition if very nice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Donna! I painted this scene few years ago in 12x12" size and had all sorts of mental problems with it... Just wanted to do it BETTER, I guess. Now I'm much more happy with this small version. It is totally different painting to, even I used exactly the same reference. I appreciate such a great comment from mature pastelist as Yourself.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails