Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"Hibiscus" Oil Pastel by Tatiana Myers.

"Hibiscus" by Tatiana Myers
5 x 7"  Pencils and Oil Pastel on Encausticbord.

This work is an actual Oil pastel, but before I painted it with pastels I did heavy layer of underpainting with watercolor pencils and washed it with water. Therefore this is double-layer painting, even all you see is mostly an Oil Pastel.
This work is accomplished on brand new for our market support by Ampersand called Encausticbord and I'm putting that one on list of my very favorites. Lovely board to work on. Takes pencils, water-media (watercolor, gouache, tempera), somewhat suitable for soft pastels (but  Pastelboard is still better for those) Oil pastels and of course Encaustics. very interesting, very promising board. I already love it.

With questions about paintings e-mail me at TanyaOfOz@aol.com .
To see more of my works visit my web site:
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.com/
http://www.TatianaMyersFineArt.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails