Sunday, December 6, 2009

Old barn. WIP.

"Old Barn" by Tatiana Myers

8 x 10", Museum series Ampersand Pastel Board,

Gouache underpainting, Pastel, Pastel pencils.

They usually call this type of things "on my easel". Well, this one is not on my easel, but right on my table on drawing board. Idea is to pains an old barn all covered with show... And once again  I'm a little bit out of my comfort zone for the several reasons:

1) I'm working with gouache underpainting for soft pastel... never done it before. (Don't know how it will work out, hopefully it will. I'm not about to spoil good board.)

2) I do not do buildings. This is a BARN. What is a building. (Scary part.)

3) I do not paint winter. This is my first ever white landscape. With a barn. (Twice as scary!)

I hope I'll get over it and finish it all right. I'm starting to like it.

I'm using Caran D'Ache and Art Spectrum Gouache in very limited pallet and some of Holbein pastels. On this stage you can partially see underpainting and partially - first layer of pastel. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really a strong start, Tatiana. I don't think you are going to have any problems with this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails